Mornings can be a drag, especially if you are use to snoozing your alarm and going right back to sleep. But later looking at your clock and realizing you only have 10 minutes to get up before going to work. Then leading to a cascade of panicking and stress that will offset the rest of your day.
Building a mindful morning routine can help you out of that rut and will lead you to a better, less stressful day. Here are tips to creating your own mindful morning routine.
- Prepare the night before. Creating a goal list for the day the night before is one of the best tasks you can do as it will allow you to clearly think about all the things you want to accomplish for the day ahead and will free up some extra minutes of your morning as well. You can buy a planner from anywhere, CGD London has some amazing planners to choose from that range from goal setting to even fitness planners! But if you prefer a regular pen and paper or the Notes app on your phone, that is just as great!
- Add some meditation. Meditating for a quick 5 to 10 minutes in the morning will allow you to relax and feel refresh for the day ahead. Simply breathe in and out and allow your thoughts to float away from you. Starting your morning with a clear, non-judgmental mind is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Set a timer on your phone or open a meditation app such as Calm.com to help keep track of your time.
- Do NOT hit snooze! This is very important because when you choose to hit snooze, you tend to not only waste time in the morning but will feel stressed out before even getting up from bed. Instead when you hear the alarm, hit the stop button and get out of bed. This will give you the motivation to wake up and get the day started.
- Ignore technology. Instead of waking up and mindlessly scrolling through social media, try ignoring your phone for the first part of your morning and knock out other tasks. Whether it is meditating, going outside for a walk, stretching, or even making coffee. Just try not to look at your phone as soon as you wake up.
- Exercise. Many people might not be too keen to the early morning workout routine, but it will actually help get you energized for the morning! Whether you are doing full on workouts or light stretches, being physically active in the morning will give you the energy you need to start your morning and push through your day.
All in all, set a routine that is best for you. Whether you are meditating, exercising, or maybe even going outside in your yard and relaxing before work, if it makes you feel good and gets you excited about the day, do it! It is important to have a routine that will get you motivated to face the day so you can have the energy and attitude you need to face any challenge that lies ahead! But also remember if you do not have the best morning and if there is a day you cannot fulfill your morning routine, it is crucial to not judge, just let it be and continue your amazing day! Start a mindful morning routine today and see how more fulfilling your life will be!